Well, I wasn’t planning on talking about this until after the dust settled, but I’ve had a change of heart.
I was laid off from my job last week. I am actively looking for a new position, but in the meantime, I need to keep my options open.
That’s why I’m officially offering freelance services in writing, editing, or online marketing. Here’s a little bit about my background:
- I reviewed news releases for publication on PRWeb.com, PRNewswire.com, and MarketWired.com for three years. I reviewed approximately 10,000 press releases in that time, and I know what a good press release looks like.
- I have also written two dozen press releases for various organizations across industries such as tech, fashion, and publishing. And yes, I even wrote my own press releases for my book.
- I strategized and managed pay-per-click marketing campaigns and provided regular analytics reports for clients, curating nearly 1 million clicks across dozens of campaigns.
- I’m also open to other work in the realms of writing, editing, and online marketing.
- Please email info (at) eveningsatellite (dot) com to discuss pricing and project requirements.
Now that I’ve pimped myself out, I’ll get into my sudden unemployment a bit. Continue reading Anyone Need a Freelance Writer / Editor / Content Marketer?
Lovely readers, guess who is editing and crying and hitting the ‘delete’ button allllll over her brightly painted world of words?? Yup, me. It’s terrible. The figurative worst. (The literal worst is taxes.) And yet, here I am, chugging through and changing all these things I once held so dear. Continue reading Rewrites and Erasure: Aka I Loved This, But Now Must Say Goodbye FOREVER
This was another one of those weeks where it felt pretty busy/hectic, but I don’t really remember specifically what happened.
We had a lot of visitors and things going on around the house. That’s why it felt busy. I didn’t have much time for writing due to this, but progress is not always measured in word count
Continue reading Friday Write-Day: Revisions Are Coming
This week flew by. It’s one of those weeks where I feel like I did a lot, but I have to stop and think about it.
We brought Nugget to a craft festival outside Baltimore last Saturday. He was much beloved by many people who stopped to ask us about him. Apparently, it’s “brave” of us to take a 6-week-old in public. He mostly slept on my chest, wrapped in one of those backpack-style harnesses.
Continue reading Friday Write-Day: Taking Infants in Public?!
Yep, I don’t think I wrote much more than 150 words this week.
I’ve been doing a lot of pondering, and also getting my revised KDP manuscript for WoEM in order, so that’s kept me pre-occupied. But, I still feel like some cool things are coming.
Continue reading Friday Write-Day: The Week of No Writing
Scratches in graphite,
mark each grammatical sin.
My sins have no end.