My weeks have really been flying by, and I still can’t figure out why. The stress at work has eased off a bit, so that’s good. Reading through my manuscript has gone more slowly than I wanted, but I’ve made solid progress.
Now, I have just over a week before my book designer starts his work…!
My goal for this week was to read through 90,000 words total of my manuscript. I broke 70,000 last night. I now have 10 days to read the remaining 135k and implement my changes.
Okay, when I put it that way, this sounds impossible…
Maybe it is. But I can get a lot more done this weekend. Honestly, finishing the manuscript itself doesn’t worry me. It’s all of the extras, like the Glossary and such.
I’m starting to think I’ll need to work with my book designer on a staggered approach. He could take my novel content first and work on the formatting there. That would give me time to shore up all of the extras.
I’m still not really sure how this whol book design process will go, so that doesn’t help.
Good news, though!
My illustrator sent me the final versions of my fantasy map! It looks amazing, way more detailed than I expected. Next, we’ll start working on an interactive map to publish online.
It will basically be clickable, with little info-bubbles popping up for each place/region the user clicks on. I’m super stoked.
Okay, short post this week, because I got things to do.
Goals for 4/13
- Basically finish my manuscript.